Welcome to Nakayoshi Gakko!
- The summer 2016 sessions will take place June 13-24.
- Returning family registration is now OPEN - click this link to begin
- Remember to print and sign the last page of the registration packet and return it with your tuition check.
- New family registration will begin on Monday, February 15, 2016 - stay tuned for registration instructions
- See the full list of 2015-2016 Board of Directors
- Recipes from the 2015 Ryu and Tsuru classes have been posted
Nakayoshi Gakko, or "Friendship School" is a 2 week summer program where children in grades 1 through 8 learn about Japanese culture and tradition. Nakayoshi Gakko provides an opportunity for the children and parents to explore the many aspects of the Japanese-American heritage
Nakayoshi Gakko is a full day program. Morning sessions include art, literature, social studies, and language. Afternoons continue with specialty-subjects. Origami, odori (dance), soroban (abacus), cooking, undokai (P.E.), sumi-e and music have been offered in the past. The Ryu and Tsuru classes have the opportunity to learn taiko and aikido as their specialty subjects. All students enjoy various cultural demonstrations at the end of each day.
We are proud to have a teaching staff of highly skilled and dedicated professionals who are committed to sharing their talents with our children. Nakayoshi Gakko promotes the Japanese concept of mentorship through our Sempais.
© 2015. All Rights Reserved. Nakayoshi Gakko