Welcome to Nakayoshi Gakko!
- The summer 2016 sessions will take place June 13-24.
- Maintenance I duties will take place Sunday, June 12 starting at 1PM.
- The Bento order form is online
- Registration is now closed. However, there is still room in the Panda class. If interested please email email@example.com for enrollment.
- See the full list of 2015-2016 Board of Directors
Nakayoshi Gakko, or "Friendship School" is a 2 week summer program where children in grades 1 through 8 learn about Japanese culture and tradition. Nakayoshi Gakko provides an opportunity for the children and parents to explore the many aspects of the Japanese-American heritage
Nakayoshi Gakko is a full day program. Morning sessions include art, literature, social studies, and language. Afternoons continue with specialty-subjects. Origami, odori (dance), soroban (abacus), cooking, undokai (P.E.), sumi-e and music have been offered in the past. The Ryu and Tsuru classes have the opportunity to learn taiko and aikido as their specialty subjects. All students enjoy various cultural demonstrations at the end of each day.
We are proud to have a teaching staff of highly skilled and dedicated professionals who are committed to sharing their talents with our children. Nakayoshi Gakko promotes the Japanese concept of mentorship through our Sempais.
© 2015. All Rights Reserved. Nakayoshi Gakko