Welcome to Nakayoshi Gakko!
- Now accepting applications for Sempais and Jr. Sempais - Due April 1
- The 2015 program dates are June 15-26. Please download the Registration Information packet.
- Co-President Board position still open! If you or someone you know is interested in joining the board please send a message to president <at sign> nakayoshigakko.org.
- The 2014 Slide Show and Open House Video has been posted to the Photos page (note that a password is required to view the videos, check your email inbox)
- Additional recipes have been added (2014)
Nakayoshi Gakko, or "Friendship School" is a 2 week summer program where children in grades 1 through 8 learn about Japanese culture and tradition. Nakayoshi Gakko provides an opportunity for the children and parents to explore the many aspects of the Japanese-American heritage
Nakayoshi Gakko is a full day program. Morning sessions include art, literature, social studies, and language. Afternoons continue with specialty-subjects. Origami, odori (dance), soroban (abacus), cooking, undokai (P.E.), sumi-e and music have been offered in the past. The 2012 board is busy working on the specialty classes for this year's program. The Ryu and Tsuru classes have the opportunity to learn taiko and aikido as their specialty subjects. All students enjoy various cultural demonstrations at the end of each day.
We are proud to have a teaching staff of highly skilled and dedicated professionals who are committed to sharing their talents with our children. Nakayoshi Gakko promotes the Japanese concept of mentorship through our Sempais.
© 2015. All Rights Reserved. Nakayoshi Gakko