Welcome to Nakayoshi Gakko!
- The summer 2016 session starts Monday, June 13, at 8:30 AM.
- The Parent Handbook and Demonstrations schedule can be downloaded from the Program page
- Field trip consent forms can be found on the individual class pages
- The Bento order form is online
- See the full list of 2015-2016 Board of Directors
Nakayoshi Gakko, or "Friendship School" is a 2 week summer program where children in grades 1 through 8 learn about Japanese culture and tradition. Nakayoshi Gakko provides an opportunity for the children and parents to explore the many aspects of the Japanese-American heritage
Nakayoshi Gakko is a full day program. Morning sessions include art, literature, social studies, and language. Afternoons continue with specialty-subjects. Origami, odori (dance), soroban (abacus), cooking, undokai (P.E.), sumi-e and music have been offered in the past. The Ryu and Tsuru classes have the opportunity to learn taiko and aikido as their specialty subjects. All students enjoy various cultural demonstrations at the end of each day.
We are proud to have a teaching staff of highly skilled and dedicated professionals who are committed to sharing their talents with our children. Nakayoshi Gakko promotes the Japanese concept of mentorship through our Sempais.
© 2015. All Rights Reserved. Nakayoshi Gakko